Nasi Lemak is the most popular dish in Malaysia. To make is not really difficult, there is no special ingredients. All you can find it at supermarket near you. There is two steps in preparing Nasi Lemak. First is the “rice” and second the “sambal”.
Ingredients for Rice
- 4 cups of rice
- 4 slices ginger
- 4 shallots – sliced
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 4 cups of water – can be added or deducted if necessary
- 2 pandan leaves a pinch of salt
- 2 stalk lemongrass – bruised
- 2 pandan leaves
Directions for Nasi Lemak
- You need to wash rice thoroughly with water and then drained it.
- Fry the lemongrass, pandan leaves, ginger, garlic until
fragrant by using an oil.
- Put some water and coconut milk and bring to a boil. add salt and stir well.
- Pour the drained rice into the rice cooker. then we pour the milk that we had cooked rice and cook as usual.
- Stir the rice using rice.
- Wait until the rice well cooked.
Ingredients For Sambal
- 6 tablespoons chili paste
- 1 large onion – sliced Mashed
- 1 onion – sliced 3 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 large onions – minced
- handful of anchovies
- little sugar, salt, and flavorings
How to Make Sambal
- Saute minced chili, garlic, onion, anchovies, and garlic until oil breaks.
Then enter the sliced onion, tamarind, chili sauce and a little water in order
too to concentrated.
- when boiling feedback we’ve anchovies fried earlier and adjust to taste.
- You can add anything you want such as cuttlefish, prawn and etc. Usually I use cuttlefish because its my favorite.
When it ready, put on the sliced of banana leaf while the rice is still warm. Add slices of cucumber and fried groundnut for presentation. Wrap it around 10 minutes raise aroma of the Nasi Lemak before it serve. You should try it on your breakfast. Feel free to try it!!